Salary Band45k - 50k
This role has now been filled but if you would like to find one just like it request a bespoke consultation with our specialist recruiters or search again.
The Dream Career
|£40000 to £50000 (70k – 85k OTE)|
|Full Time – Monday to Friday|
Leading Sheffield based IT business
The Job Role
|This is a senior role within the Business working alongside the Directors and other senior members of the management team. The GM is responsible for managing the continued growth and development of the business.
For some of the existing Business Units it will be necessary to adopt a “coaching style” as the GM supports the Unit Heads to develop and grow their business in line with the direction of the Management Team. The remaining areas of the business will require a more hands on approach to manage the sales and commercial teams on a daily basis in order to achieve the company’s business goals.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Help to formulate and agree the strategic business plan
- Develop strategies, policies and projects to achieve company’s future goals
- Develop the annual operating budget as well as all project budgets and oversee them.
- Learn company’s problems in sales, marketing, technological, financial, and operational areas and develop a strategic planning process to encounter them.
- Oversee the preparation of management and financial reports for effective management and operational effectiveness.
- Have overall management responsibility for the sales force and commercial teams; set targets for individuals, monitor and manage.
- Build an environment in which employees willingly produce maximum work.
- Develop and grow Sales teams and their performance.
- Plan & review marketing activities, results and expectations with employees on regular basis.
- Review all staff and understand their position in the Group’s structure; make recommendations.
- Set up and manage CRM and integration with the Accounts function and provide KPIs.
- Assist Finance Department with…credit assessments both buying and selling takes part in reviewing insurance, banking, auditing and other board related aspects of the company.
- Oversee marketing & promotion content and implementation in a planned manner to reach different the various target audience.
- Take part in reviewing insurance, banking, auditing, HR and other board related aspects of the company.
|This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to progress their career as it Is expected that the right candidate would progress into a managing directors role within 2- 3 years.|
|You will need to have 5 – 10 years management / leadership experience, ideally from the IT industry, however exceptional management candidates from outside the industry will also be considered.
You will also ideally be educated to degree level and have an MBA.