CRACK THE CODE FOR THE NEXT GENERATION – TUESDAY, 24th MARCH BENCHMARK HQ
We are proud to announce Benchmark has partnered with Code Club to hold a meet up at Benchmark HQ, at the Workstation on Tuesday, 24th March at 6pm – this is a cracking opportunity to get on board with the national volunteer network and share your expertise with the next generation.
At the event you will hear how volunteering through the Code Club can help educate 9-11 year olds, find out more and see if volunteering is for you – there is no obligation in attending – want to know more?
What is Code Club?
The Code Club help volunteers with coding knowledge get into schools to run clubs that teach children to code. The clubs are free for children to attend and for schools to host. There are over 2,300 clubs across the UK and over 800 schools on the waiting list.
How it works
- Code Club produce projects that teach Scratch, HTML & CSS and Python
- Volunteers take these materials into their local primary school
- The clubs run for one hour a week during term time and contain 10 – 15 children
- A teacher is always there to help run the club
- The children learn to program by making fun games, animations, websites and applications with expert guidance from a volunteer
- Children gain skills that will be useful to them in their future hobbies, schooling and career
- Children are inspired to pursue programming and other digital making activities in the future
- Volunteers get a lot out of the experience too – they join a nationwide community of volunteers from industry; they’re helping to inspire the next generation and people tell us it’s the best thing they’ve ever done.
So, why not get involved? We’d love it if you could join our Benchmark team in supporting this fantastic project – please get in touch with any questions you can have – and RSVP to [email protected] if you plan to attend.