Benchmark Employer Advice, advice-centre
In a competitive legal market you need to be ahead of the game as an NQ...
If you're approaching the end of your training contract it can be an anxious time, as you assess your future career path and explore what route you want to follow.
Here at Benchmark we have a specialist legal consultant who has a wealth of expertise to guide you to find your first role as a fully qualified solicitor. Benchmark prides itself on offering one-to-one tailored advice - as a starting point, the following guidelines will point you in the right direction, but to benefit from our services fully a registration is what you need.
Where to start
- Make contact with Benchmark six months prior to qualifying
- Arrange a registration to perfect your CV and agree areas of specialism and target firm list
- This is also an opportunity to hone your interview skills to get you primed to impress potential employer
- Your Benchmark specialist legal recruiter will be able to keep you fully aware of emerging trends and areas of growth, seizing employment opportunities
- More specifically, looking at individual firms and mapping out what route would be suitable for you to start a successful career.
- At Benchmark we invest time in developing relationships with the best law firms in the region - getting to know you will allow us to fully represent you and make the perfect match.
- Depending on the nature of the law firm (i.e. Top 50/regional high street) £22,000 - £26,000 is what you're looking at as a starting salary.
- At Benchmark we strive to get you the best package and negotiate the highest salary possible.
- When it comes to negotiation this is why you have a recruiter on your side, as we will always endeavour to get you the best possible outcome - getting your career off to a flying start.
So, if you want us on your side and want to get to the real nitty gritty of your bespoke job search as an NQ get in touch and get booked in. Make contact with Rebecca@benchmarkrecruit.co.uk