18,000 - 20,000
The Dream Career:
£18,000 to £20,000 DOE
The Job Role:
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Accounts Assistant/Clerk to join our clients growing business based in Sheffield, S9. This is a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Clerk who is looking for further their career and looking for an employer who will help with progression and provide great support.
Working as part of a fantastic team, the successful candidate will assist in the provision of high quality, timely financial information which meets the internal needs of the business. The successful Accounts Clerk will work closely with and provide support to the Assistant Accountant and Senior Managers within the team.
The successful candidate will enjoy a varied role which will include the following duties;
- Managing petty cash
- Checking, matching and coding supplier invoices
- Filing invoices
- Data entry
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- First point of contact for all Purchase Ledger enquiries
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and associated information
- Improving systems
- Work closely with the Assistant Accountant to ensure all our financial information is in order
- Building relationships with colleagues at all levels, suppliers and clients
- Work as part of a small and well organised team to provide general accounts support to the Assistant Accountant to ensure the office runs effectively and professionally
We are looking for a team player who has the ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative. This will be a busy and fast paced role and therefore Applicants should be able to stay calm under pressure to meet deadlines. Applicants should also be excellent communicators both written and verbal.
Our client is ideally looking for at least 2 years’ experience in a similar accounts/bookkeeping role.
Ideally Applicants will be AAT part-qualified or qualified. Study support will be offered for candidates who are looking to complete their AAT (or similar) qualification.
To be considered for this role Applicants should have experience using SAGE, and will be IT literate and confident using Excel and Word.
For further information about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 07714771600