The Dream Career:
Income Generation and Engagement Manager - SCCCC
Free parking on site
25 days holiday + stat
Fantastic work life balance
£32,349 - £38,228
The Job Role:
We are proud to be exclusively working with SCCCC, who are an incredible local Sheffield charity who support older and vulnerable people.
This is a great role for a candidate with a diverse skill set, experience of bid writing and tendering for contracts to help SCCCC grow and develop their fantastic organisation in the charity sector.
SCCCC are an award-winning registered charity with over 50 years experience in working with agencies across Sheffield to mainly support older adults, their families, and carers.
As Income Generation and Engagement Manager, the core element of your role will be business development, forging partnerships, and generation of funding. The successful candidate will be key in writing compelling funding bids, creating business strategies and building networks to drive the charity forward.
The main responsibilities of the job will include;
- To be responsible for the effective development of new projects and initiatives that contribute to improving the quality of life and reducing isolation for older people in Sheffield.
- To proactively identify relevant funding opportunities with organisations, philanthropists, trusts & foundations, working with key contacts to raise the profile of SCCCC.
- To deliver income generation targets.
- To perform line management of the fundraising, marketing and volunteer recruitment team.
Duties and responsibilities will include the following;
- Sustaining existing funding for core services
- Take responsibility for the overall achievement of agreed income targets
- Generating new business through contracts, grants, trusts & foundations and by capitalising on new and emerging opportunities
- Submission of bids for major grant funding
- Working closely with the CEO on identifying, applying and securing commissioned and contracted work, and general support of contract management
- Reporting and monitoring on progress towards income generation targets and KPIs - at both Senior Management Team and Board level
- Working closely with colleagues who share a remit on income generation, including the CEO and the Fundraising, Communications and Marketing Officer
- Supporting the CEO on a philanthropy strategy
- Working with the Office Manager to ensure all income is properly recorded and tracked
Partnerships, Networking and Stewardship
- Managing key partnerships, relationships and stakeholders
- Engaging new corporate partnerships to support service delivery (e.g. short and long term volunteering opportunities) and organisational business development support
- Targeted networking for new business opportunities
- Supporting the Events Strategy to increase income generation
- Working closely with the Service Delivery Manager
Leadership and Management
- Member of, and working with, the Senior Management Team and the Board of Trustees
- Line management of the fundraising, marketing and volunteer recruitment team including undertaking performance management in accordance with SCCCC’s policy and procedure
- Lead the 'Income Generation Strategy' and other sub-strategies in support of this
- Work closely with the CEO to provide strategic overview and direction for all of the organisation's work
- Work closely with other members of the SMT contributing to the development of the charity's overall strategic plan
- Educated to a minimum of NVQ Level 5 or equivalent
- Management qualification
- Qualifications in fundraising/income generation/bid writing
- Educated to degree level
- Minimum 2 years direct supervisory experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a relevant post of organisation
- Experience in managing approved budgets
- Track record of securing significant income generation and investment
- Experience of identifying new income streams
- Experience of working towards challenging KPIs and targets
- Experience of bid writing for grants and trusts and foundations
- Experience of bidding for commissioned and contract work
- Demonstrable experience of securing five figure bigs from grants and contracts
- Experience of corporate engagement
- Demonstrable depth of experience in partnership management
- Knowledge and understanding of the role o the Voluntary and Community Sector
- Knowledge and understanding of the regional and national funding landscape
- Understanding of the role of the Voluntary and Community Sector in the field of Health and Social Care
- Knowledge of health and safety issues
Special Skills / Abilities
- Understanding of the needs of older people and their families
- Committed and highly self-motivated
- The ability to work in a self-directed manner, and as part of a team
- Ability to motivate a team
- Proven organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills both spoken and written
- Computer literate including MS Office
- Ability to develop and deliver Google AdWords Campaign
- Ability to drive web and social media strategies
- Car driver/owner with daily access to a vehicle
- Willing to work outside of office hours including weekends and evenings when required
- Clear enahcned DBS disclosure check
For further information about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 07714771600
The deadline for this position is Friday 10th September.