The Dream Career:
Business Development Manager
Free parking on site, 33 days holiday (inc stat), Pension, Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption benefits.
£25,000 to £32,000
The Job Role:
We are proud to be exclusively working with SCCCC, who are an incredible local Sheffield charity who support older and vulnerable people.
This is a great role for a passionate, ambitious and enthusiastic professional who wants to play a pivotal role in a busy and vibrant team, delivering fundraising and business development activity on behalf of a growing organisation in the charity sector. The successful candidate will be someone who is flexible and target driven, combines thinking and doing and who has a successful record of forging partnerships, developing and improving services and writing compelling funding bids in order to achieve ambitious goals. You will have experience of staff and volunteer management and possess an ability to recognise new opportunities, create business plans, research and analyse data, identify local need and take new ideas to scale. With a great understanding of the needs of older people, you will be a skilled networker building on existing relationships to deliver strategic priorities whilst forming new partnerships for the future.
This post has 4 main strands:
- To be responsible for the effective development of new projects and initiatives that contribute to improving the quality of life and reducing isolation for older people in Sheffield.
- To proactively identify relevant funding opportunities with organisations, philanthropists, trusts & foundations, working with key contacts to raise the profile of SCCCC.
- To deliver income generation targets.
- To perform line management of the fundraising, marketing and volunteer recruitment team.
Duties and responsibilities will include the following;
- Sustaining existing funding for core services
- Take responsibility for the overall achievement of agreed income targets
- Generating new business through contracts, grants, trusts & foundations and by capitalising on new and emerging opportunities
- Submission of bids for major grant funding
- Working closely with the CEO on identifying, applying and securing commissioned and contracted work, and general support of contract management
- Reporting and monitoring on progress towards income generation targets and KPIs - at both Senior Management Team and Board level
- Working closely with colleagues who share a remit on income generation, including the CEO and the Fundraising, Communications and Marketing Officer
- Supporting the CEO on a philanthropy strategy
- Working with the Office Manager to ensure all income is properly recorded and tracked
Partnerships, Networking and Stewardship
- Managing key partnerships, relationships and stakeholders
- Engaging new corporate partnerships to support service delivery (e.g. short and long term volunteering opportunities) and organisational business development support
- Targeted networking for new business opportunities
- Supporting the Events Strategy to increase income generation
- Working closely with the Service Delivery Manager
Leadership and Management
- Member of, and working with, the Senior Management Team and the Board of Trustees
- Line management of the fundraising, marketing and volunteer recruitment team including undertaking performance management in accordance with SCCCC’s policy and procedure
- Lead the 'Income Generation Strategy' and other sub-strategies in support of this
- Work closely with the CEO to provide strategic overview and direction for all of the organisation's work
- Work closely with other members of the SMT contributing to the development of the charity's overall strategic plan
Our client is looking for the following experience;
- Degree educated
- Ideally hold qualification in fundraising or income generation
- Minimum of 2 years direct supervisory experience
- Experience of managing budgets
- Track record of securing significant income generation
- Experience of identifying new income streams
- Experience of bid writing/grants
- Demonstrable partnership management experience
- Experience of working to challenging targets and KPIs
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the Voluntary and Community Sector
- Knowledge and understanding of the regional and national funding landscape
- Understanding of the needs of older people and their families
- Committed and highly self- motivated
- The ability to work in a self-directed manner, and as part of a team
- Ability to motivate team members in order to ensure jobs are completed
- Car driver/owner with daily access to a vehicle
- Willing to work outside office hours (both evenings and weekends) when necessary.
- Clear Enhanced DBS disclosure check
For further information about this role please contact email@example.com / 07714771600