The Dream Career:
Community Coordinator - Essex
3-4 days working across the region
1-2 days working from home
25 days holiday + stat
35 hours per week
£21,000 to £24,000 DOE
The Job Role:
We are proudly representing FareShare as they expand their team across the country. We have an extremely exciting opportunity available for a Community Coordinator to join FareShare covering the Essex area.
FareShare are a national food redistribution charity who work hard to tackle hunger and ensure that ‘no good food goes to waste’. We are looking to speak to passionate Community Coordinators to join FareShare to work collaboratively in their community to help feed individuals. Over the last year, FareShare have redistributed 16,992 tonnes of food which fed 772,000 people. FareShare operates across 1,500 towns, cities and villages across the country and helps save charities and community groups more than £28 million each year.
As Community Coordinator, the successful candidate will work on the FareShare Go Programme maximising relationships and adding enormous value to ensure that all charities are supported.
We are looking to speak to exceptional communicators, who are approachable and passionate about developing and maintaining charity and retailer relationships across their region. The successful candidate will also play a huge part in raising awareness of FareShare within their local communities.
This varied and exciting role will include the following duties and responsibilities;
- Carrying out welcome visits to new charities that are being onboarded onto the FareShare Go Programme
- Working towards KPIS with new and existing retailers
- Visiting new and existing retailers to ensure they are maximising the FareShare Go Programme
- Working closely with charities to help them maximise and increase the amount of food they are able to receive
- Undertaking food safety checks with charities and community groups annually
- Maintaining regular contact with retail stakeholders across the region to ensure any issues are resolved sensitively and professionally
- Working closely with the most local regional centre to help build and grow the FareShare community.
- Assisting with events and networking groups
We welcome applications from candidates that have the following skills and experience;
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong relationship building skills
- Confident, assertive and able to deal with difficult situations
- Ability to self-manage work load and priorities
- Have super organisational skills
- Strong IT skills – confidence using MS Office
- Flexibility and able to travel across the region and also across the UK when required
- Have a valid driving license and access to own car
The following criteria is desirable;
- Level 2/3 food safety – training can be provided
- Experience using a CRM system
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience of data analysis or comfortable working with numbers and data
- Educated to degree level or have strong experience working within the charity sector
The expectations for this role are 3-4 days working with teams/retailers/regional centre or at customer or company sites within the region. 1-2 days working from home.
For further information about this fantastic opportunity, please get in touch as soon as possible – email@example.com