29 days ago
The Dream Career:
Full time, 37 hours per week
£22,500 to £25,000 DOE
The Job Role:
We are representing a local Sheffield charity who work on exceptional projects across the city. Due to growth within the organisation, we have an opportunity available for an Employability Coach to help support projects within employment, training and education.
The successful role holder as Employability Coach will work with 18-24-year olds across the city who are unemployed to help them access the labour market. This is a ‘hands on’ role where the successful candidate will be responsible for building strong relationships with their clients to help work through their barriers and assist them with securing employment, further training or education.
As Employability Coach the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties;
- Building relationships across the city with 18-24-year olds who are eligible for support
- Assessing the needs of clients to identify what support is required
- Working to agreed plans with clients
- Offering clients 1:1 support (face to face, telephone, digital etc)
- Providing coaching and support to clients
- Helping to work through client’s barriers to assist them in securing employment or carrying out further education or training
- Engaging with employers, education and training partners as required
- Engaging with job centres and outreach centres as required
- Maintaining accurate records for all clients
- Provide learning support when required
- Work flexibly as required – this may involve taking a client to an interview for example
- Successfully meeting targets and outcomes
- Other duties as directed by the Project Coordinator
The successful candidate for this role will ideally hold a qualification to level 3 or above in Advice and Guidance, Youth Work, Health and Social Care or other related discipline. Applicants that have relevant work experience but do not hold a suitable qualification will complete level 3 as part of their employment.
We are looking to speak to candidates that have the following skills/experience;
- Ideally worked within a similar employability role as a Coach
- Experienced delivering face to face work
- Experienced working with people who are vulnerable
- Experienced working with people who are faced with mental health and wellbeing challenges
- Understanding of issues affecting unemployment
- Ability to form strong working relationships with clients
- Strong administration skills and experienced managing a case load
- Confident working to KPIs
- Confident working independently – often this will be a lone-working role
- Applicants that have undertaken training in Autism, Mental Health or managing challenging behaviours will be at an advantage
- Applicants must be able to drive and have access to a car – this role will involve meeting with clients across the city and often assisting them with attending meetings or interviews
The successful role holder will need to complete an enhanced DBS.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 07714771600 as soon as possible.