about 1 year ago
The Dream Career:
Falls Recovery and Prevention Program Lead
33 days holiday (inc stat), free parking on site, pension, enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Part time, 21 hours per week (3 days per week)
£19,000 to £22,000 DOE pro rata
The Job Role:
We are proud to be exclusively working with SCCCC, who are an incredible local Sheffield charity who support older and vulnerable people.
SCCCC work in partnership with Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Sheffield City Council and Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group.
SCCCC are going through an exciting growth period so this is a fantastic time to be joining the charity.
SCCCC are looking for a Falls Recovery and Prevention Program Lead who will work closely with internal and external colleagues to help older people who have suffered a fall, and as a result have been hospitalized.
The purpose of this position is to employ strategies and interventions to help build the confidence of those affected, decreasing the risk of falling, improving their overall health and reducing the risk of loneliness.
The main purpose of the role is to provide support to service users through assisted shopping. To start with service users are given extra support in getting around food stores, this support is reduced as they build confidence.
Duties for this role will include the following;
- Coordinating the falls recovery and prevention programme
- Responsibility for delivering the programme
- Providing regular update reports to the Multi Agency Steering group
- Working with all agencies across the health and social care system
- Produce promotional material to present at events to raise awareness of Falls Prevention and SCCCC
- Induct, train, supervise and develop a team of volunteers
- Develop and sustain effective relationships with service users, their carers, their families and other partners affiliated with SCCC (such as NHS colleagues)
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience working within Occupational Therapy or have a Physiotherapy qualification. Applicants who have a background of working within falls prevention, or a role within the field of health and social care will be at an advantage.
Applicants will ideally have a minimum of 2 years experience working within a similar role and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment working towards KPIs.
Applicants must have a full driving license and have access to a vehicle.
Interviews for this role will be taking place on 26th or 28th February. When applying for the position, please ensure that you are available to interview on these dates.
For further information, or to express interest in this role please contact Becca on 0114 221 0550 / Rebecca@benchmarkrecruit.co.uk