over 1 year ago
The Dream Career:
Hospital to Home Coordinator (12 month FTC)
Free parking on site, 33 days holiday (inc stat), Pension (up to 4%), enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption benefits.
Can consider 1 x full time, or 2 x part time
The Job Role:
We are proud to be exclusively working with SCCCC, who are an incredible local Sheffield charity who support older and vulnerable people.
SCCCC work in partnership with Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Sheffield City Council and Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group.
SCCCC are going through an exciting growth period so this is a fantastic time to be joining the charity.
Working within the Hospital to Home scheme, the successful candidate for this role will handle referrals from local hospitals to ensure support is available for patients who are considered to be vulnerable, who are being admitted to, or discharged from hospital.
Duties for this position will include the following;
- Meeting and greeting patients when they are being discharged from hospital
- Delivering and fitting small items of equipment to their homes prior to their arrival (such as commodes, bed levers etc)
- Ensuring the home is safe for their arrival home, including rearranging furniture
- Shopping for patients to ensure they have basics within their home prior to discharge
- Collecting patients from hospital and ensuring they are settled into their home after discharge
Other duties for this position will include;
- Taking referrals from hospitals, community staff and other third parties
- Attending meetings with hospital, and health and social care staff
- Ensuring accurate records of all work undertaken and producing written reports where required
- ‘on call’ cover will need to be provided when required
To express interest in this role, please contact Becca – 0114 221 0550 / email@example.com
Please note interviews will be taking place on 25th February. Please can applicants ensure they are available on that day before applying for the position.