Amelie De Candolle
12 months ago
The Dream Career:
IT Service Desk Technician
£17,000 to £18,000 DOE (salary will rise after successful completion of probationary period)
The Job Role:
Our client, based in the heart of Manchester city centre, are expanding and recruiting for an IT Service Desk Technician to join their IT team.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the successful candidate will provide first line support to customers.
Key duties will include;
- Providing first line support using phone, face to face and Skype
- Escalating any second line issues to the second line support team
- Ensuring the system is kept up to date and all support issues are logged accordingly
- Monitoring IT systems
To apply for this position, candidates should have the following experience;
- Experience working within a first line support role using a helpdesk platform
- Confidence in dealing with customers both verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Microsoft software experience – Windows 7 and Windows 10, Exchange, Skype for Business
- Hardware experience – including telephones, computers and networking cabling
- Ability to diagnose faults with hardware
- Experience of TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP, HTTP & HTTPS
Applicants who have experience of SQL, Microsoft Active Directory and telephony systems will be at an advantage but this is not essential criteria.
For further information about this position, please contact Amelie on 0114 221 0550 / firstname.lastname@example.org