2 months ago
The Dream Career:
Manager – Make Dough project
Monday-Friday 35 hours per week
Up to £25,000
The Job Role:
We are exclusively working with Element Society – a youth charity who are committed to safeguarding children and young people. Element Society empower young people to help change their lives and their communities.
Element is setting up a small pizza shop called ‘Make Dough’. This shop will employ young people to make and sell pizza. We are looking for a Manager who will manage the young people and will successfully run the pizza enterprise.
This role is well suited to Managers who enjoy working with and empowering young people. We are looking to speak to candidates that ideally have a background in food and/or business.
Initially this role will be a 12-month contract, but there is a real opportunity for progression if Make Dough becomes a successful enterprise.
This varied role will include the following;
- Managing the day to day operations of Make Dough
- Assist with the development of menus
- Management of staff in the enterprise
- Successfully generate revenue for Make Dough – this will then be gift aided to Element Society to help with good causes and projects
- Maintain accurate records for the enterprise including financial records of trading activity, along with managing budgets and purchasing
- Implement and maintain high levels of food safety and hygiene throughout the enterprise – this includes ensuring all staff are compliant at all times
Key duties for this position will include;
- Organising staff shifts
- Management of staff on shift
- Assisting with the planning of new menus
- Purchasing stock
- Responsible for pricing
- Management of the budget for the enterprise
- Ensuring food safety procedures are followed at all times
- Ensuring the working conditions are safe at all times
- Training and development of the team
We would love to talk to candidates that have the following skills and experience;
- Experience of managing budgets
- A genuine interest in managing people – especially younger people
- Knowledge of food/catering
- Business management skills
- Genuine interest in food/hospitality
- Experienced working in fast paced and demanding environment
- Ability to remain calm and professional
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Sound organisational skills
- Able to maintain excellent paperwork and records
Ideally candidates will have a certificate in food and safety – for candidates that do not have any formal certificates in food will be able to receive training once in post.
It would be advantageous for Applicants to drive but this is not essential criteria.
This role is initially a 12 month fixed term contract – Element Society very much hope to make this position permanent should Make Dough run successfully.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 07714771600