The Dream Career
up to £30000
Standard Full Time
The Job Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Sheffield most respected digital agencies, renowned for creating and developing quality work and top notch websites. They are looking for a PHP Systems developer to join their team, working on PHP/ MySQL programming behind the scenes of websites and heavy database led applications.
You will be working on a mix of booking systems, training course management systems and E-Commerce sites sometimes working more on one system than another, but with a view to provide a collaborative input and approach to the team.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Carrying out development work on a range of systems. A mix of Laravel and other PHP based systems
- The majority of the development work is likely to be around introducing new or improved functions or refactoring old code in to a Laravel codebase. There will be a mix of front end and back end work, with a heavier weighting towards backend work.
- Deploying code through GIT
- Thinking analytically about the work being done and making suggestions for improvements
- Attending regular developer meetings to discuss working practices and improvements that can be made.
We are looking for people with the following skills but not limited to:
- Laravel Experience
- Critical Thinking
- Excellent Comms Skills
- A collaborative attitude and willingness to contribute to monthly developer meetings
To apply for this role and benefit from a vibrant office and an enviable City Centre location, please call Amelie on 0114 221 0550 or send your details to Amelie@benchmarkrecruit.co.uk